Robotic high speed Automated Optical Inspection System made for Industry 4.0 and Factory of the Future
Xtura have developed GigaBot™ the worlds first industrial Automated Optical Inspection Solution based on target-less photogrammetry
GigaBot™ is an in/off-line Automated Non Contact Inspection solution with an integrated GigaScan™ Photogrammetry 3D Scanner.
A Cobot, GigaScan™ Camera and Controller is the base of our GigaBot™ automated non contact inspection solution.
The GigaScan™ technology incorporated into the GigaBot™ is a highly flexible, collaborative robot from lnovo and is now available with Omron and KUKA robots as well. The robot is matched with our custom calibrated high accuracy GigaScan™ camera.
GigaBot™ uses markerless (no stickers) photogrammetry which is different from other 3D
Scanning technologies used in the industry today, it allows you the customer, the freedom to solve some of the more difficult in-line and production metrology challenges.
Capture a body-in-white, sheet metal inspection, weld seams on a part in production or interior trim analysing.
How does it work?
Up to 10 times faster
ROI within 3-6 months
Superior capture time
3D Scanning of fast moving objects
GigaScan™ - Automated Optical Inspection calibration & Software
Robot / Cobot
Unique camera calibration for high accuracy automated optical inspection scanning
Unix based software for calculations, stability and speed
Compatible with all analysing softwares
GigaScan available for Inovo and major robot brands
Easy to use interface
How does the GigaBot™ Automated Optical Inspection Scanner work?
The GigaScan™ automated Optical Inspection Scanner uses target-less photogrammetry technology. This technology is used for both calibration and capture.
There is no procedure for calibrating the working volume which involves targets. This is unique for the GigaScan™ automated optical inspection system. We use a pre-calibrated camera for all capturing. The accuracy is dependent on the number of images and over lap between them in relation to the calibrated camera.
This guarantees the greatest accuracy irrespective of the robot working conditions.
Fast 3D Scanning
• Up to 10 times faster than traditonal measuring machines
• Scan acquisition time is approx. 0.02s
• Unique scanner using 3D points and colour from the product for analysing
• 3rd party software for measuring standard geometrical features and 3D/2D analyses (such as surface, points, holes, trim points, colour maps, GD&T, flush & gap etc also possible to measure specific geometrical inspection such as spatters detection, wrinkles
Shop Floor Inspection
• The GigaBot™ automated optical inspection solution can be installed on the shop-floor in your production area or off-line
• Inspect on the shop-floor close to the manufacturing area
• Cost reduction by eliminating the use of traditional control jigs.
• No Human interaction once the part is already programmed
Ease of Use
• Automatic Optical inspection reports or one-click reporting
• 1 Software Package fully compatible with all 3rd party analysing software with the option of direct integration.
• Xtura is uniquely qualified with the expertise in both targetless photogrammetry, robotics and automated optical inspection scanning
One Scanner Multi Functions
• Same technology for High level accuracy measurements and low level accuracy 3D inspection
• Certified accordance with the VDI/VDE 2634 standard for optical 3D measurement systems.
• GigaScan™ camera technology captures from 22 million points/shot (with a pixel density from µ6.56)
• Trend analysis
• Digital Twin Analysis
• Traceability of the manufactured part